Monday, May 11, 2015

5/11/15 - 6th LETTER (sort of) FROM BURNABY

Yesterday was Mother's Day, one of the best days for a missionary mom....we were able to Skype!!!  It was a fun and very relaxed call from him.  We started with a kneeling family prayer and then he shared how he felt about me.  It was sweet and sincere.  Then we all had the opportunity to talk with him.  He ended by bearing his testimony and I offered the closing prayer.  It was a wonderful 40 minutes! Of course we had to update the family photo ;-)
 His reaction to me taking a photo of him.
We wrote our family letter to him as usual.  I was even able to email him back and forth for a bit...but he didn't send a big letter.  How did that happen?!?

This is part of what he wrote to me:

It's really weird seeing Elder Spencer in his "dying" days. (Elder Spencer flies home to Zimbabwe on Wednesday after completing his 2 year mission.  He's not 'dying', just his time in the mission field is)  He's such a good missionary, though, so he's not even stopping at all.  And my new companion, Elder Marchand, who's coming in?  Yeah, this is his last transfer, too...so, I'll be "killing" two missionaries in a row lol.  I shall be known as the Zone Leader Killer from now on.  Fear the wrath. Lol!!!!!  
P.S. Elder Spencer and I's baptismal picture made it onto the front page of the mission newsletter!!!! (wouldn't that have been a nice thing for him to send?!?  I can't complain at all though.  Yesterday we found out that he has the same amount of time to be on his email as every other missionary, but he has to complete and send off all his reports during that time also.  No extra time for the Zone Leader!)
Can't wait for an actual letter next week ;-)

UPDATE!!!!!!
He wrote again this afternoon!!!!  Here's the letter...and photos:

Dear Humanity,

Life is good.  This week was full of miracles, and epic missionary moments with my awesome companion, Elder Spencer.  Literally, the pure joy that comes from this Work is indescribably awesome.  It's as if the Gospel of Jesus Christ is, like, true, or something. ;) I was so happy that I was able to Skype my family for Mother's Day yesterday.  I have the best family in the world, by the way.  It's unfair.  I feel like the blessing of having such a good family was supposed to go to someone else, but it flew over to me on accident.  But hey, I'll roll with it!  They are so good, and having even just our short amount of time to talk with them was such a blessing.  I felt even more of a desire to serve God afterwards, and we had an amazing night at Metro Town, finding so many potential investigators.  

This week, we went on a TON of exchanges with our elders.  It was fun to be able to go into their areas and help them see miracles.  I was with the Korean missionaries on Friday, and that was a pure blast!  I've learned how to speak a little bit of Korean so that I can help them find people to teach.

It was pretty awesome, this last Saturday, because we had the privilege and the honor of participating in the baptism of Laurie Moore.  Pretty great because it was Elder Spencer's last weekend in the mission field, and he finished it off pretty well if you ask me.  It's so cool to see the miracle of the gospel truly unfolding in people's lives.  I feel the blessings of the gospel each and every day.

Our P-Day was pretty crazy today, with Elder Spencer getting ready to head off and all, so we don't have too much time to e-mail.  I'm sorry, I'll go crazy next week just for you guys! :D I know that this Church is true, that the Book of Mormon is not only true, but life-saving, and that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, is our Savior and our Redeemer. So obtain His gift: the Atonement.  It can heal everything.  Both physically and spiritually.  I love you all!  You are the best!!!

Sincerely,
Elder Stock

Us and the Vancouver South sisters right before Laurie's baptism.
 Laurie, her twin sons TJ and Zach, and me and Elder Spencer after the baptism.
Elder Porter in his natural habitat. #exchange He's Korean speaking, and is also from Gilbert, AZ....small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment