Monday, January 12, 2015

1/15/15 - 19th LETTER FROM DUNCAN

I knew that transfers were happening and I couldn't wait for Colton's letter.  I again messaged Sister Ruttan for some information on my boy.  She was more than happy to let me know that they would keep him in Duncan a little bit more! 

Dear World,
 
This week was....fantastic. One of the best weeks of my mission thus far. It was transfer week! *air horns* So, we usually get transfer calls on Monday night of the transfer week, but this week, we didn't get any call at night, so we thought we dodged the transfer bullet and went to bed slap happy. The next morning, we woke up and while Elder Jacobs was in the shower, the Assistants called us. We quickly regained composure of ourselves after we about fainted of disbelief, and then heard the transfer news. Elder Jacobs went to Terrace to train a greenie. Elder Hansen went to Surrey to be with some other missionary, and I am staying in Duncan! With a new companion! His name's Elder Hancock, and he's a transfer younger than me! I'm pulling rank on him. ;) Just kidding. But seriously...he's been a main-lander his whole mission so far, so it's time to slap that apostasy out of him. Lol.
He's super cool, though, and willing to work. He's from Surprise, AZ, loves movies with a passion, and is a Dr. Pepper fanboy! So much in common already! So far, we've taught a ton of lessons together, and it's been a blast. The work is hastening here in Duncan, and I am thrilled to be a part of it. Our recent converts, Judith and Shawnee, are doing SUPER well. We need to teach them at least 2 times a week to make sure that they are enduring to the end, so it's been going super well. In fact, one of the coolest things ever happened on Thursday. We were teaching Shawnee a lesson, and she told us that she just got a job to start paying for her....MISSION FUND! Yeah, she's determined to serve a mission in a year! Isn't that amazing?! We gave her a Preach My Gospel and she's going out teaching with the sister missionaries all the time. It is so cool. In fact, both Judith and Shawnee are going to start teaching us lessons now, just to make sure they know the doctrine. It's incredible to see how much this gospel transforms people. 
We are teaching, teaching, teaching. And there were so many miracles in our zone this week. Our results were sky high. I love it. We're truly seeking the Lord's direction here. We got a new bishop, as well! Bishop Holt! He looks very similar to dad, just with a Canadian flare. And he used to be the second counselor in the bishopric, too, so...I'm feeling if this truly is the Canadian Tony Stock, then dad: you're gonna be the bishop soon. Have fun! :D We had a super cool cottage meeting at Sister Arnott's home, taught about the power of the Atonement, got to have some stellar hot chocolate, and got to talk with Will. He's doing super well. I love that guy! 
The mission is great, what more can I ask for?! I'm gaining an incredibly strong testimony of the gospel, I'm seeing miracles, I'm learning more and more each day that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ actually live, and that they are so loving. This gospel is literally here to help us return to live with Him once more. And it's the most incredible message anyone can share. I am honored to be one of the Lord's servants. Read from the scriptures, pray about them, and go to church! As you do these simple things, you will be prepared for eternal life! I know this to be true, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

Sincerely,
Elder Stock
The end of the Tri-Force!
(Hansen, Jacobs and Stock)
 Elder Stock & Elder Hansen
 Elder Stock, Elder ?, Elder Jacobs
 Elder Jacobs & Elder Stock
 New Companion!!!
Elder Hancock & (the first time as a Senior Companion) Elder Stock
I thought I would share the meme that Kyler sent to Colton this week.
We're busy putting the finishing touches on a care package tonight.  Tomorrow it will start its journey to Canada and into the hands of Elder Stock.  Can't wait for next Monday to hear more about his adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment