Tuesday, January 19, 2016

1/18/16 - 23rd LETTER FROM LANGLEY

THIS WEEK ON MISH LYFE: LANGLEY YSA SEASON FINALE....

About a year and a half ago, a young man named Elder Stock was thrown up into the Great White North with two suitcases full of shirts and ties, some scriptures, and a basic testimony of the Book of Mormon and the restored gospel. He ended up on a road trip to a distant land mass off the coast of mainland BC known as Vancouver Island. He managed to arrive in a sacred and hallowed area of the mission known as Duncan. While there for six months, he learned how to be a missionary from some incredible companions and had some magnificent spiritual experiences helping souls come unto repentance. Nearly a year passed and he journeyed to different parts of the province, learning much and forging new friendships.

Then, one fateful night in January 2016, while he sat in a Fresh Slice pizza shop in the dystopic city of Surrey, he received a phone call from the assistants to his mission president. A phone call regarding his transfer from the Fraser Valley YSA branch to another area...

Ladies and gentlemen, I am getting transferred BACK TO VANCOUVER ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to Nanaimo!!!!!! Literally, I am going to the zone that I started in. I am so excited. The island is hallowed ground, it's pretty much the greatest area in the mission/world. So excited. Anyways, I won't geek out for too long.

This week was great. We taught a lot and got to say goodbye to some incredible YSA members. I am so excited to be able to go to my new area, and also so shocked that I am leaving the YSA. It feels like I got here yesterday. There's been a lot of memories here. Lots of incredible experience and people to meet. Being a full-time missionary is incredible. I can't quite express how awesome it is. Mainly because it just sounds cliche to all of you missionary-muggles. But just imagine the greatest joy you have felt. And multiply it. Because it is the Lord's eternal work. His glory and His purpose for us. I'll keep you posted on next week's new season, MISH LYFE: NANAIMO....

But for now have a great week,
Elder Stock
He didn't send photos....so I'll improvise. Here's the totem from Duncan. 
(September 2014)
 My favorite drawing of his.....
Elder Zilla!!!
(September 2014)
"Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature"
Mark 16:15
 New missionary
Elder Stock with President and Sister Burt
(September 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment