Tuesday, June 28, 2016

6/27/16 - 10th LETTER FROM VERNON

THIS WEEK ON MISH LYFE: FILL THE FONT!!!

“Ron! How do you feel?” Elder Meline asked the elderly First Nations man as he came up out of the water, baptized by priesthood authority.

There was a silence, as the Spirit bore witness to us all that the baptism had been performed properly to provide a remission of his sins.

“I feel like stayin’ in the water a little more…I feel clean…” he said.

Wow. I couldn’t have had a better week in the mission field. We have worked with Ron for a little less than a month now, and he has progressed in leaps and bounds. Conversion truly is a miracle. I’m so grateful that this gospel is true, and that the Holy Ghost truly teaches and testifies of it with actual Godly power. As we were teaching Ron, he would always remark that he felt a strength building within him that helped him to keep God’s commandments and repent in preparation for his covenant at baptism.

The Spirit that was there at the baptism was so strong. You could feel of God’s love for him. I love this work, and I love the absolute privilege it is to be a part of it, and to be able to feel a fraction of our Father in heaven’s love for each and every one of His children.

We had some incredible experiences this week. Teaching our investigator, Earnest, is just insane. He is so solid and studies the teachings of all the latter-day prophets on his own. He is eating the gospel up like the feast of the Restoration that it is!

We are teaching a man named Carlton, as well, and he is so faith-filled! It’s incredible to me to see what you can learn from the people you teach on your mission. I have been privileged to have met some stellar people here in British Columbia so far, and how grateful I am for all of their examples to me! To those who are reading this and who are some of those people, I commend you for your faith and your devotion to this gospel. I also testify to you that you are on the right path, that the choices you made to be baptized and confirmed a member of the Lord’s true Church is good and right. This is the work of salvation. No matter what trials or challenges we go through, no matter what persecutions arise or doubts surface, just know that this is His work. And “I [the Lord] will not suffer that they shall destroy my work; yea, I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil” (D&C 10:43).

I’ve learned this week just how important it is to always remember the “why” of missionary work and the gospel. To recognize the true purpose behind everything; to bring us unto Christ. I’ve learned the importance of giving everything to the Savior as you do His work. As Bruce R. McConkie said, “We are not as other men. We are the Saints of God and have the revelations of heaven. Where much is given much is expected. We are to put first in our lives the things of His kingdom”. I know that if we give all we have to Him, our will, our desires, our inadequacies, that He will make us into something great. We can all be instruments in His perfect hands to change the lives of those around us. As we nurture our faith, let it mature into charity. Let us turn outward. For “pure Christ-like love flowing from true righteousness can change the world” (Jeffrey R. Holland).

Thank you for your support and devotion to the Master and His gospel.

I know that He lives, and loves each and every one of us, and that He has restored His truth to the earth today. Draw near unto Him, and He will draw near unto you. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Have an epic week!
Elder Stock
Ron Felix’s baptism!!!
 From left: Elder Stock, Elder Meline, Elder Nakale, and Elder Scully
 #SMS2016
(Stock-Meline-Scully AKA Save-Many-Souls)
The perfect tri-force!!!
(They are standing in this order: Scully, Stock and Meline)

No comments:

Post a Comment