Monday, July 18, 2016

7/11/16 - 12th LETTER FROM VERNON

THIS WEEK ON MISH LYFE: ADVENTURES IN KAM CITY…

Downtown Kamloops swirled on Saturday evening. Cars flew past on the road, and people crowded the streets. Two missionaries traveled among them all, talking with everyone they could. Suddenly, out of the crowds, a man appeared.

“Someone take my address and number! I need to get in touch with the Latter-day Saints!” he yelled above the sounds.

“Uh, sure!” Elder Stock responded, not knowing how to handle someone so solid.

“I can meet you tonight at seven, too!” he said.

That night, they met him in the park.

“So, what made you want to meet with us?” Elder Stock asked.

“I was praying. And I was asking God, ‘Where are your guides? Where are the guides to your kingdom?’ And when I woke up the next morning, I saw missionaries from your church. I knew it was a sign. But I was too scared to talk with them. So I built up the courage and found you today.”

There was a silence. “This is what you are looking for,” the missionaries said. He came to church the next day. Miracles have not ceased. Welcome to the Hastening!!!

This week has been insane! Elder Nakale and I have gone crazy in Kamloops, and it has been a blast! We are finding so much success. Let me just testify to you ALL: God is hastening His work. Let’s start keeping pace a little more. Because He’s been ready for a little bit.

This week I got a transfer call. I’m leaving the Vernon zone and I’m going out of the country. To Sydney, Australia!!!!!!!!!

Wait, what, President? Oh, ok….Oh, yeah. That makes more sense…

So, I’m actually going to SIDNEY, BC!!!!! It’s on Vancouver Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m going to be TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FIRST SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pumped. This is going to be the best transfer of all time.

I am way too stoked for this. I’m geeking out. Van Island for life!!!!! So, yeah. My life is complete. Plan for this transfer: work harder than I can even work. So, run more than it is requisite basically. Leave it all on the field.  It’s the eleventh hour. It’s game time.

As our faith in Jesus Christ grows, our desire and ability to be like Him increases. We find ourselves turning outward, developing pure Christ like love. Charity. As this happens, we see God’s children as who they really are: His children. With the potential of becoming like Him and receiving the blessings of the gospel. And our desire to share this glorious truth of the Restoration burns brighter than anything we can imagine. As Holland says, “First and forever, fan the flame of your faith”, because as you do you will bring that light to the world.

I know that this Work is literally God’s work and His purpose. I know that His Son, Jesus Christ, lives. They love us. And They have restored truth to the earth. I know that as we read the Book of Mormon every single day, that we will draw closer to Them more than we can imagine. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Have an epic week!
Elder Stock

UP NEXT ON MISH LYFE: ATTACK ON SIDNEY…

Elder Stock and his greenie arrive in the city, only to find that their mission just got crazy…
To be continued…

Drowning in my tie collection… Perks of the mish!
 Rode a bike all day for the first time in my mission (I’ve just had cars)…feel like a champ!
 The Coquihalla at night…just waiting for a monster to attack, no big deal…
 Elder Meline and I at MLC! Can Van 4ever!!!
 Mexican food….chimichangas are a way of living, I’ve decided…
 Commander Helmet….I can’t imagine what people think as they see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment