Monday, February 1, 2016

2/1/16 - 2nd LETTER FROM NANAIMO

THIS WEEK ON MISH LYFE: 'NAM-NAIMO....

So...there're three basic facets of missionary work. The first is finding. The next is teaching. And the last is baptizing... The three work together. You can find people to teach as you are teaching. You can teach people as you are finding, and you can baptize. These three basic fundamentals are how we fulfill our purpose to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them live the restored gospel. And there is a very important element of the gospel that MUST be present in order for all of these facets of missionary work to be successful. It's called the Spirit of God. Otherwise known as the Holy Ghost, the third member of the Godhead.

I learned this week more than any other week just how important the Spirit is in this work....especially in finding people to teach.

This week, Elder Stirland and I realized that the teaching pool we had inherited in this area as we whitewashed in was not too solid.... So we decided to go out and find some people to teach. By seeking the Lord's help and His vision and will for us in our area. I testify that although it was hard word and took a lot of fervent prayer, that it was incredibly successful.

We now have a teaching pool that is continuing to grow, and we are so happy in this work. We now are continuing to fulfill our purpose here and connecting to heaven. I know that our Heavenly Father is real and that He deeply loves each one of His children. With a love so incomprehensible that it overcomes any flaws we could ever have, any mistakes we could ever make. As we seek His help, and show Him we want to do His work His way, He will help us. I know that this is true in all areas of life. If you are ever feeling down, alone, lost, hopeless, unsuccessful, unmotivated, I plead with you to turn to your Father in Heaven and discuss with Him how you can be the person He sees you becoming. He will answer back.

He has promised that He will speak unto us through the power of His Spirit. And through His scriptures, we shall find the answers we seek, for they are His words. "[These words found in the scriptures] are of me and not of man; for it is my voice which speaketh them unto you for they are given by my Spirit unto you...and save it were by my power you could not have them; wherefore, you can testify that you have heard my voice, and know my words" (D&C 18:34-36). I know that to be true. Every time you open the Book of Mormon, or any of God's scripture, you shall hear His voice. Through His Spirit. For they are His words.

This gospel is true. We are in the Hastening of His Work. A really wise person recently sent me a quote from President Hunter that I feel is so true. "It's an exciting time in Church history. Today, walking isn't fast enough. We have to be on the run to keep up and move the work forward." It's the time. Let's jump into the work. He is there to guide us.

We found some incredible families this week. The gospel blesses the family so much. I have seen that not only in my own family, but in the families around this province who I have been able to teach. I know that whatever trials we face as a family, we can overcome them through living the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Nanaimo is the promised land. I am grateful to serve here, and am excited for this next week to go and do His holy work. Have a good one!!!

Sincerely,
Elder Stock

Oh, and I found someone who looks exactly like my little brother, Kyler up here. His name is Ronin...He's the bomb!
 Exchanges in Courtenay!!!
 Screenshot of Called to Serve: Mission Warfare...a new first person game that lives up to the hype. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment