Tuesday, February 9, 2016

2/9/16 - 3rd LETTER FROM NANAIMO

THIS WEEK ON MISH LYFE: 'NAM-NAIMO...

This week, I went home for about 24 hours.... My suitcase was all packed up and everything. Got to see old friends, and be back in a ward I haven't stepped foot in over a year...

That's right, ladies and gentlemen... This week, I went to....

DUNCAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, so...we went on an exchange with the elders out in Duncan, and it was incredible. I got to attend a cottage meeting....and it was really something to see how these little firesides we started up almost a year ago have transformed into something pretty incredible. I still remember the first one we put together, and it was just us, the sister missionaries, our ward mission leader, and our then very recent convert, Judith Shaw. This time around, she was still there, but the attendance has grown quite significantly.

It was good to be back. Should be going again soon, too, so I guess I was fated to be in Duncan forever! No complaints, there!

We ended up having the absolute privilege of going to a pretty fancy meeting with our mission president out in Richmond/Vancouver. It was a blast getting to take the ferry out there, again. We ended up in Vancouver with the YSA elders, there, and had a blast eating some really, really cheap Chinese food and contacting in the big city itself! The metropolis of Can Van! Van City is the place!!! We had a blast, of course.

Nanaimo is going well. We are planning on going on a hike to enjoy the island, so this email is short, but I want to let you all know that I am grateful for your support and for your encouragement. This is the work of salvation. I am reminded of it each and every day. I am reminded of just how incredible it is to be apart of, and of the importance of this restored gospel in our lives. The scriptures are true. I know that they are, and I know that they are truly our iron rod, and as we continually hold steadfast to it, we shall reach the hope of eternal life we all look forward to. I hope that we never tire of partaking of the fruits of the gospel. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Have an awesome week,
Elder Stock

P.S. - Shout out to the Baxter family, to my mom, my grandma, Uncle Jean-Jacques, Bishop Call, Brother Peterson, my dad and everyone else who either sent packages of whatnot. I loved it, and am grateful for your support! I will enjoy those Oreos for you!

Driving to get on a ferry to the mainland...with a gingerale!!!
 Elder Stirland and I in front of a really fancy mission banner at a really fancy meeting...
 Got to see Judith Shaw again! Blast to the past!
 THE fabled sign. Too much sentimental value.
 My comp in the best. 'Nuff said.
 Back to the birthplace... Cowichan Valley!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment