Tuesday, April 12, 2016

4/4/16 - 11th LETTER FROM NANAIMO

THIS WEEK ON MISH LYFE: 'NAM-NAIMO...

"Hey, Leslie...what do you like most about praying....?"

"I like that I get to say 'hello' to my Heavenly Father..."

That is why we are here. To help others to know their Father in Heaven, and to follow Him and experience His plan of happiness.

I am so grateful to be a missionary, and to be able to go forth with faith each and every day in this great work. I am grateful for the blessing it is to be able to help others to receive this restored gospel. Truly, this is the work of the Lord. If knowing that our Savior lives, loves us, and is reaching out to every single person on earth doesn't get you pumped up to share the gospel. I don't know what will!

So, this week was general conference, if you didn't notice. And as a missionary, general conference is the best. It's hype level is like the midnight premiere of your most anticipated summer blockbuster, and everything that the speakers say is like a golden nugget that you cannot wait to incorporate into the lessons you teach. In short, it is just incredible.

I know that the words they spoke at general conference are of God and are true. That as we apply them into our lives, we will be blessed. I am still in post-conference spiritual digestion overload mode, but I know that Heavenly Father has provided us with these words because he sets forth patterns for us all so that we may not be deceived by the adversary. As we follow them, and are faithful unto His commands, we will receive a bounty of promised blessings that will help us wherever we are in life.

"And the days have come; according to men's faith it shall be done unto them" (D&C 52:20). Let's have more faith and see these blessings fulfilled!!!

I know that this Church is true, that the Lord Jesus Christ is the head of it and that He has restored His gospel and the truths we need to return to live with our Father in Heaven. And I know that His priesthood is powerful. We need to let that power run through us! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Sincerely,
Elder Stock
Elder Stirland and Elder Stock enjoying DQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment