Tuesday, August 9, 2016

8/8/16 - 4th LETTER IN SIDNEY

THIS WEEK ON MISH LYFE: SID CITY…

The soft Vancouver Island summer breeze drifts across the Saanich Peninsula. On every bush near the roads and paths that we walk in the Lord’s service, blackberries grow plentifully. Good enough to literally pick and eat on the spot. In our hands is a crisp copy of the Book of Mormon. It’s blue and gold cover beckons to the world to follow the Savior and to accept the fullness of His gospel. Right underneath our Book of Mormon, we hold a pamphlet that teaches the message of the Restoration, that testifies of the appearance of God the Father and His Beloved Son to a boy named Joseph Smith.

I love this. I realize that more and more recently. I love this gospel, and I love this work. This is it. This is the truth. I know that with every fibre of my being. The Holy Spirit has borne witness to me of the divinity of this latter-day work. And has done so in a way that I cannot deny it. I will not deny it.

I know, by the power of the Holy Ghost, that Jesus Christ is our Savior and our Redeemer. I know that He lives, that His Resurrection and Atonement are infinite. But more importantly, they are personal. I know that He guides His Church. He has chosen to do so through a modern prophet. I know that in the spring of 1820, a young, truth-seeking boy named Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. They did indeed speak to him. Through him, They have restored the fullness of the gospel to the earth. From this Restoration, we have the Book of Mormon, which testifies of the Lord Jesus Christ more powerfully than any other book. I know that it is true. I know that the only way to receive the fullest measure of peace and comfort in this world and to be truly converted to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is by reading the Book of Mormon daily and embracing its divinity. I know that we are children of our Heavenly Father, and that He did not put us on this earth to fail, but to succeed gloriously. I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

This week, I was able to be in the Lord’s service. We are finding so many people to teach here in Sidney. We are teaching so much, we are seeing His miracles, and we recognize His hand in everything. A family that we are teaching touches my heart each time we see them. James and Alicia both are striving to change their lives and help their baby daughter to grow up in the atmosphere of the church. They are making changes in their lives to do this, and it is so incredible to see! Two kids we are teaching, Kaden and Kaleb, are understanding the importance of the covenant of baptism more and more.

Elder Whitney, my companion, is a beast. He is so good at following the Spirit and working diligently hard each day. He truly is an inspiration to me of how to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. That’s what we are. Everyone of us who has ever made a covenant with the Father at baptism and later in the temple. We have all promised to BE a converted disciple of Jesus Christ. Whether we have a fancy black name badge or not, we have His name written on our hearts. Let’s represent Him, and be His followers. Let’s lift those around us, and be the ones who can help Him move this work forward. I am grateful for all of my blessings. Especially as the Lord’s missionary.

Have a great week!!!
Elder Stock
Elder Stock and Elder Whitney finishing up lunch on the road. #fathersonmoments
My old companion, Elder Marchand, came up to visit!!!!


NEXT WEEK ON MISH LYFE: SID CITY….

Next Monday at noon, don’t miss the series finale of “Mish Lyfe”. Watch as Elder Stock and Elder Whitney face a final battle of epic proportions! You won’t want to miss the epic triumph over evil and watch as Vancouver Island is changed forever….
To be continued……


No comments:

Post a Comment